The Global economic scenario is changing rapidly, what was modern yesterday is suddenly obsolete today. Thus the industries need trained personnel who can innovate rather than just follow others.
I strongly believe that if the right kind of soft skills, Communication and language skills and computer knowledge are imparted to the students, there is no doubt that they will be able to not only lead the community but also develop a strong nation . At Abeda Inamdar Senior College, Pune, our aim is to produce such talented, young and dynamic professionals.
Our students have been trained and carefully nurtured in an atmosphere that is creative, harmonizing and challenging to tackle the intense competition. What I found in our students is that once they set a goal for themselves they are very success oriented.
I wish the students, teachers and non teaching staff all the very best for the coming academic year.
PROF.(DR) SHAILA BOOTWALA
We at M.C.E. Society's Abeda Inamdar Senior College believe in the philosophy 'to educate is to empower'. The mission statement of the college - 'Read to Lead' is truly emblematic of this philosophy. Empowerment, however, requires more than academic excellence. In today's competitive and demanding world, our students must also excel in sports and extracurricular activities. These will equip them with the necessary soft skills to go that extra mile. The college makes every possible attempt to synergize this into the education process. The highly efficient teaching staff ensures academic excellence. Well equipped library, sports complex and laboratories ensure an environment conducive to learning. Cultural gatherings, sports tournaments, publication of bulletins, exhibitions, and seminars and so on all find their way into the academic calendar of our college. The college also fulfills its social obligations through the activities of its vibrant NSS Unit.
Necessary computer and communication skills are imparted to the students in the college through its autonomous courses in Computers, Spoken English, and Communication Skills & Personality Development. The relevance of such training can hardly be debated in any walk of life today. Our college has successfully undergone assessment and accreditation by NAAC Bangalore and has been awarded “A” Grade in the third cycle of assessment. The college has established a Quality Assurance Cell. According to "India Today" special issue dated 2nd June 2008, Abeda Inamdar Senior College appears in its list of 5 best colleges in Pune city. I am indeed proud that in a short span of time the college was grown from strength to strength. Not only do we have a steady increase in the number of students but we also have an ever increasing number of subjects and courses offered both at the undergraduate and post graduate levels. In the pursuit of excellence, our efforts will always be relentless and wholehearted! I wish you all a grand success.
MRS. ABEDA INAMDAR
1. An illustrious educationist, Mrs. Abeda Inamdar has been a Member of the Committee on Girls Education: National Commission for Minority Educational Institution, New Delhi. She has been Senate Member of the Swami Ramanand Teerth Marathwada University, Nanded and an Ex Senate Member of University of Pune.
2. She was the Managing Trustee & Past President - Poona Women’s Council and the Vice President- University Women’s Association.
3. Presently, she is the President, Deccan Muslim Institute & Research Center, Pune and Vice President, Maharashtra Cosmopolitan Education Society, Pune. She is also the Vice President of the P.A. Inamdar Education Trust, Pune and the Maharashtra Medical Education & Research Center, Pune.
4. Mrs. Inamdar has been Trustee of the Crescent India Medical Education Trust, Pune and the Poona Oriental Education Trust.
5. Mrs. Inamdar was the Honorary General Secretary for National Council of Women in India from 1999-2001 and represented India at Helsinki, Finland. Recently the Government of Maharashtra has awarded her ‘Savitribai Phule’ Award for her services in the field of Women’s education.
6. A stickler for quality, she has always maintained that educated girls can improve the family and society at large. It is her desire to see that the students who graduate from Abeda Inamdar Senior College become successful in their professional as well as personal lives and grow to be individuals capable of giving back to society.