Rights and Duties of the Head/ Convenor of Committee
- The HOD is responsible for the effective functioning of his/her Department.
- No teacher can avail CL/ DL without taking permission/ intimating the HOD. In case the HOD wishes to avail of a CL/DL , he /she must take the prior permission of the Principal.
- The HOD has to divide the workload amongst the colleagues in a just and fair manner. All efforts should be made to see that teachers are allotted subjects in keeping with their area of interest/ specialization. In case of conflict in division of papers, all efforts are to be made to resolve the conflict in an amicable manner.
- Any extra workload should be divided equally amongst all the colleagues in the department including the HOD.
- It is the responsibility of the HOD to see that the departmental Academic Calendar is submitted to be sanctioned to the IQAC on time. Once the academic Calendar is sanctioned and Compiled by the IQAC and the budget is sanctioned by the LMC, the HOD does not need to seek the permission of the Principal to execute the academic calendar of his department as per plan and budget sanctioned. The principal is to be intimated about the activities to be conducted 24-48 hours prior to the execution of the activity depending upon the importance of the activity. The principal may be intimated about the same in person/ via sms/ via email depending upon the situation.
- If the HOD wants the Principal to attend any function the same has to be mentioned explicitely to the Principal. In such a scenario the availability of the Principal is to be sought before finalizing the date of the activity.
- It is the responsibility of the HOD to deliver the welcome address at all functions organized by the department. The HOD in his turn may delegate this responsibility to a colleagues, whenever he deems fit. If the Principal is attending a function organized by a department, the Principal will be the President of the function and will deliver the Presidential remarks either after the guests have spoken or after the activity is completed. However in case any member of the management is present at a function of the college then He/ She will automatically be the designated President of the Function.
- Information about important activities of the department/ College should be given to the members of the LMC via e mail/sms. However if the department wishes to invite a member of the LMC for the program, the invite is to be forwarded through the principal.
- The HOD/ Convenor of Committee must submit an activity report in the required format (Annexure 1) to the IQAC within three days of the completion of any activity. The same should be sent via email to the IQAC email id : email@example.com
- At least 80% of planned activities should be executed during the academic year.
- Failure to execute any/all of the above will invite non- compliance process for the HOD/ Entire department/ Committee.
- It is the responsibility of the HOD to conduct/get conducted a result analysis of the department and submit the same to the IQAC by September and March every year, in the required format. (format --Annexure 2)
- Internal Administrative audit/ Parallel Heads
- Every HOD works in tandem with an HOD of another department. These two HOD’s together are known as Parallel Heads.
- It is the responsibility of the two parallel heads, to visit each other’s departments at least two times in a year after mutual consultation, to see whether all work is being carried out on schedule and all documents are being maintained properly.
- The parallel heads have to verify and certify the work of the other departments.
- Once Parallel heads are identified the same team will continue for two years.
- Parallel heads may initiate joint activities between the two departments.
- The Parallel heads team must invite at least one and maximum two external experts per year to conduct an external academic audit of the functioning of their departments.
- An amount of Rs 1,000/- for one expert and Rs 2,000 for two experts may be utilized at the utmost. No permission for this activity needs to be taken from anyone. However the internal and external audit reports need to signed by the Principal and submitted to IQAC
- No HOD can accept any assignment academic or otherwise unrelated to the college activities without seeking specific permission of the Principal.
- The head must ensure that all students who have opted for a change in subject combinations; information about the same is forwarded to the administrative office with the signature of the HOD latest by August end. No subject change will be entertained after the month of August.
- Sanction of Expenditure awaiting budgetary sanction:
Every UG department having specialization may spend an amount of RS 3,000/- p.a for extra and co-curricular activities awaiting the sanctioning of the budget, provided that no amount from such amount is spent on refreshments.
Every UG department without specialization may spend an amount of RS 2,000/- p.a for extra and co-curricular activities awaiting the sanctioning of the budget, provided that no amount from such amount is spent on refreshments
Every PG department may spend an amount of RS 3,000/- p.a for extra and co-curricular activities awaiting the sanctioning of the budget, provided that no amount from such amount is spent on refreshments.
- Refreshment Expenditure for Practical Examination:
Where the practical is conducted without any external examiner and the practical is for one day an amount of Rs 200 per day is allowable.
Where the practical is conducted with one external examiner and the practical is for half a day an amount of Rs 200 per subject is acceptable.
Where the practical is conducted with one external examiner and the practical is for a full day an amount of Rs 500 per subject per day is acceptable.
Where the practical is conducted with two external examiner and the practical is for a full day an amount of Rs 700 per subject per day is acceptable.