Promotion of research aptitude amongst staff and students is the main focus of the research policy of the institution. This research policy has been framed to analyze, understand and effectively respond to all types of challenges posed in the pursuance of quality Research.
The following are the points which charts the Research policy of the college:
- The college will facilitate the research activities by providing infrastructural facilities. The college will allocate space, facilities, funds, and other resources for research programs based on the scholarly and educational merits of the proposed research.
- To enhance infrastructural facilities in terms of modern sophisticated instruments and equipment, the college will additionally provide financial assistance for the purchase of equipment / instruments and thus support the staff and students to carry out the research work at college.
- Based upon the recommendations of the Research Committee, the College will provide necessary leave such as leave under FIP for the completion of Ph. D. research work and Short term visits to research institutes to participate in various research training programs.
- The college will encourage the staff members to attend the research training programmes in India or abroad. 50 % of the total expenditure will be provided by the college to the staff members. This financial assistance would be provided only once in five years duration to an individual staff, provided it is sanctioned in the CDC / LMC Meeting.
- The college will support the departments for the organization of State level, National and International level conferences. Every UG department must organize minimum one University/State/National/International, conferences, seminars, workshops in every three years while PG departments must organize one National/International conference every two years.
- The college will also sanction a substantial budget for the purchase of reference books of various subjects from all streams, research journals/magazines and to subscribe the online research journals.
- The PG departments must try to develop collaborative research work and research linkages with national and international research institutes. Such collaborations must be strengthened and finally converted into MoU.
- The PG departments must encourage the students to participate in research activities by offering minor research projects at P.G. level. It should be ensured that at least 25% of the students opt for projects in the final year.
- Every year the college would spend minimum of 2, 00,000 /- for post graduate departments to cover the expenditure towards specialized research chemicals and consumables.
- To promote interdisciplinary research works, every academic year, the college would provide Rs. 3, 00,000 /- as seed money to all the PG departments together.
- To ensure the optimum use of instrumental facilities the PG departments may provide research data / instrumental measurements through instrumental facilities available in the departments to the college students and staff as well as researchers from other institutes and colleges at a fee. The amount thus generated should be deposited to the college account as consultancy services.
- Staff members must take up interdisciplinary research. More number of students must be involved in interdisciplinary research projects.
- The staff members have freedom to investigate areas and ideas which are in resonance with the issues related to society and current developments.
- The research methodologies should not violate professional concerns like safety, privacy, research ethics, conflicts of interest amongst authors etc.
- Staff members guiding students for post graduate projects must ensure that students do not work in the laboratory unsupervised.
- In every academic year, staff members with more than 07 years of experience should try to publish minimum one research article in the journal from the list of more than 38000 journals shortlisted by UGC.
- Staff members with more than 10 years’ experience should write research proposals to get grants under Minor Research Project Schemes to various agencies like BCUD, UGC etc.
- Staff members with more than 20 years’ experience and doctoral degree should write research proposals to get grants under Major Research Project Schemes to various agencies like UGC, DST, DBT etc.
- Staff members with no research experience should work with senior staff in their research projects and learn new research techniques and methodologies.
- Staff members should try to collaborate with faculties of other institutes or colleges and industries for research projects. Such collaborations should be formalized through official communication and copy of the same should be submitted to IQAC.
- The staff and advanced learners should be encouraged to participate in Avishkar Research Competition organized by Board of College and University Development (BCUD), SPPU.
- It would be mandatory for every department to invite at least one eminent researcher in the academic year from institutes of national or international repute and organize his/her guest lecture. For such activity, the remuneration charges and hospitality of the guest would be borne by the college.
- Every staff must try to attend and present his/her research work at State / National / International levels conferences, seminars and workshops. The college will reimburse 50 % of the travel expenditure ( Limited to 2nd Class AC fare ) and the registration fee as an incentive to the staff members. This financial assistance would be provided only twice in an academic year.
- It is the responsibility of the staff members to ensure no violations of ethics in their research publication like plagiarism, incomplete or faulty data, fabricated results etc. Original and novel research work must be submitted to the journals for publication. In all the publications it would be mandatory for the staff to mention the affiliation of the institution.